For this event, players were able to cross-pollinate the flowers to get new colors of flower seeds. Cross-pollination with event flowers shared some of the same characteristics as the regular cross-pollination, but was not as complex.
By default the flowers all had pure genes, i.e. flowers bought from Lloid, given through the mailbox, or received as a reward from a villager. However, if a player cross-pollinated on a flower of a different color, the seeds obtained would have hybrid genes.
For example, if a player cross-pollinated Red Zinnias bought from Lloid on Red Zinnias received from a villager, the player would receive pure Yellow Zinnia Seeds with Yellow/Yellow genes.
However, if a player cross-pollinated Red Zinnias bought from Lloid on Yellow Zinnias, the player could receive either hybrid Red Zinnias with Red/Yellow genes OR pure Yellow Zinnia Seeds with Yellow/Yellow genes.
The appearance of a flower is determined by color dominance, with the more dominant color being the appearance color. For Zinnias, the color dominance goes:
When cross-pollinating results in specific gene combinations, the following mutations can occur:
Red Zinnias (x) Red Zinnias = 100% chance Yellow Zinnia Seeds
Yellow Zinnias (x) Yellow Zinnias = 70% chance of Green Zinnia Seeds; 30% chance of Yellow Zinnia Seeds
Green Zinnias (x) Green Zinnias = 50% chance of Blue Zinnia Seeds; 50% chance of Green Zinnia Seeds
The following was suggested in the community as the fastest way to get each flower seed color:
Red Zinnias = Buy from Lloid in the garden
Yellow Zinnias = Cross Red Zinnias (x) Red Zinnias
Green Zinnias = Cross Yellow Zinnias (x) Yellow Zinnias
Blue Zinnias = Cross Red Zinnias (x) Blue Zinnias, plant the resulting Red Zinnia Seeds, then cross those Red Zinnias (x) Blue Zinnias
Seeds and Flowers
The event-specific flowers for Flower Festival are Zinnias.